PUBLIC FACILITIES COMMISSION
CITY OF WEST HOLLYWOOD
WEDNESDAY, JULY 15, 2020
4:30 P.M. – SPECIAL MEETING
AN EFFORT TO PROTECT PUBLIC HEALTH AND PREVENT THE SPREAD OF
COVID-19 (NOVEL CORONAVIRUS), THE GOVERNOR OF CALIFORNIA HAS ORDERED ALL CALIFORNIANS TO STAY HOME AND AUTHORIZED PUBLIC MEETINGS TO TAKE PLACE VIA TELECONFERENCE.
TELECONFERENCE AUDIO MEETING & PROVIDING PUBLIC COMMENT BY TELEPHONE
This meeting is available to attend via telephone ONLY. Please remember to place your phone on mute.
• Dial-in phone number: (669) 900-6833
• Meeting ID: 984 0600 7141; then press #
To provide public comment via telephone, please do the following:
1. You are strongly encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 p.m. on Commission meeting day to be added to the Public Speaker List. Please include your name, the phone number from which you will be calling, and which item you would like to speak on.
2. Dial-in 10 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. You will be placed on HOLD in the Virtual Meeting Room until the meeting commences. You will be able to listen to the meeting and staff will call on you when it is your turn to speak.
1. CALL TO ORDER – 4:30 P.M.
A. ROLL CALL
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
A. MEETING OF JULY 8, 2020
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS
This public comment period is to address the Public Facilities Commission on Consent Calendar items, other agenda items (including if the member of the public cannot be present at the time the item is considered) or items of general interest within the jurisdiction of the Public Facilities Commission. Another period is also reserved for general comment later in the meeting for those that could not be heard at this time. Public hearing testimony will only be taken at the time of the hearing.
5. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
6. CONSENT CALENDAR – None
7. PUBLIC HEARINGS – None
8. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
SUBJECT: The Commission will receive an updated timeline for the Green City Awards Program.
1) Review and provide feedback on the updated timeline.
2) Approve the updated timeline.
9. NEW BUSINESS
SUBJECT: The Commission will complete the election process to select the next Chair and Vice-Chair, in accordance with its Bylaws.
RECOMMENDATION: Commission members first conduct the election of the Chair, and next the election of the Vice-Chair. Both seats are elected in the same manner as described:
1) The process begins with the current Chair/Vice-Chair opening nominations.
2) All Commissioners are able to place a nomination, and each nomination must receive a second in order to be considered by the Commission with a roll call vote.
3) The current Chair/Vice-Chair announces that nominations are closed and requests a roll call vote.
4) Staff conducts the roll call vote. Each Commissioner is only able to vote yes on one name placed into nomination.
5) The nominated Commissioner who receives the majority of yes votes is elected as Chair/Vice-Chair for the term of one (1) year.
6) The newly elected Chair and Vice-Chair assume their new positions at the next regularly scheduled meeting.
SUBJECT: The Commission will receive an update on the Facilities and Field Services Division’s CIP projects for FY20-21.
RECOMMENDATION: Receive and file.
10. EXCLUDED CONSENT CALENDAR – None
11. PUBLIC COMMENTS
This time is set aside for the public to address the Commission on any item of interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission that could not be heard under the Public Comments Item at the beginning of the meeting.
12. ITEMS FROM STAFF
13. ITEMS FROM COMMISSIONERS & SUBCOMMITTEE REPORTS
The Public Facilities Commission meeting is adjourned to its next regular meeting, which will be on Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. via Teleconference.*
Zoom Etiquette for Public Speakers
Ø Make sure you are in a quiet area when you call in.
Ø You will be placed in the “lobby” until it is time for you to speak.
Ø You will be given three (3) minutes to speak. You will be muted once your three (3) minutes are up.
Ø Each person addressing the Commission shall do so in an orderly manner and shall not make repetitious, slanderous, or irrelevant remarks, or engage in any other disorderly conduct which disrupts, disturbs, or otherwise impedes the orderly conduct of the Commission meeting. Any person who so disrupts the meeting will be muted and immediately removed from the Zoom meeting.