CITY OF WEST HOLLYWOOD
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2023
PLUMMER PARK COMMUNITY CENTER ROOMS 5 & 6
7377 SANTA MONICA BOULEVARD
WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA 90069
6:30 P.M. – SPECIAL MEETING
THE PUBLIC FACILITIES, RECREATION, AND INFRASTRUCTURE COMMISSION ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE LAND ON WHICH WE GATHER AND THAT IS CURRENTLY KNOWN AS THE CITY OF WEST HOLLYWOOD IS THE OCCUPIED, UNCEDED, SEIZED TERRITORY OF THE GABRIELEÑO TONGVA AND GABRIELEÑO KIZH PEOPLES. (PRONOUNCED “KEECH”)
Members of the public who wish to comment on matters before the Public Facilities, Recreation, and Infrastructure Commission are strongly encouraged to submit an email to email@example.com no later than 4:00 p.m. on the meeting day. Comments received by 4:00 p.m. will be forwarded to the Commission and posted on the City’s website.
· Public comment is limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
To Participate by Listening to the Meeting Audio and Providing Public Comment by Telephone:
1. You may dial-in ten (10) minutes prior to the start of the meeting. The meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. You will be placed ON HOLD in the Virtual Meeting Room until the meeting commences. When you enter the meeting, please mute your telephone.
2. Members of the public who wish to comment by telephone are strongly encouraged to submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 p.m. to be added to the remote public speaker list. Please include your name, phone number (for staff to identify your caller location on Zoom), and the item number(s) you would like to speak.
3. Public comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
· Dial-in phone number: (669) 900-6833
· Meeting ID: 814 5449 9511; then press #
Note 1: Public comment will become part of the official public record. If you do not want your personal information included in the official record, please do not include your address and/or phone number.
Note 2: Staff are unable to respond to emails during the meeting. All requests to speak by telephone must be confirmed in advance and requests to speak on additional agenda items cannot be accommodated during the meeting.
1. CALL TO ORDER – 6:30 P.M.
A. LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
B. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
MEETING OF NOVEMBER 8, 2023
4. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES
5. PUBLIC COMMENTS
This public comment period is to address the Commission on Consent Calendar items, other agenda items (including if the member of the public cannot be present at the time the item is considered), or items of general interest within the jurisdiction of the Public Facilities, Recreation, and Infrastructure Commission. Another period is also reserved for general comment later in the meeting for those that could not be heard at this time. Public hearing testimony will only be taken at the time of the hearing.
6. CONSENT CALENDAR – None
7. PUBLIC HEARINGS – None
SUBJECT: The Commission will receive an update from the Recreation Services Division for Summer 2023. The division will present the first semiannual update, focusing on the exciting programs and services offered during Summer 2023. Staff will provide a comprehensive overview of programs, services, upcoming events, and facility reservations, showcasing the division’s commitment to enhancing recreation programs for community members.
RECOMMENDATION: The Commission will receive an update from the Recreation Services Division and an update on future programs and dates of interest.
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS – None
10. EXCLUDED CONSENT CALENDAR – None
12. PUBLIC COMMENTS
This time is set aside for the public to address the Commission on any item of interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Public Facilities, Recreation, and Infrastructure Commission that could not be heard under the Public Comments item at the beginning of the meeting.
13. ITEMS FROM COMMISSIONERS & SUBCOMMITTEE REPORTS
The Public Facilities, Recreation, and Infrastructure Commission meeting is adjourned to its next regular meeting on Wednesday, December 13, 2023, at 6:30 p.m. at City Hall Community Meeting Room, 1st Floor, 8300 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069.