of Manhattan Beach
Planning Commission Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
Location: Virtual – Instructions within Agenda
A. CALL MEETING TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE TO FLAG
C. ROLL CALL Chair Morton, Commissioners Fournier, Ungoco, Thompson, Burkhalter
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
This is the time for the Planning Commission to notify the public of any changes to the agenda.
MOTION TO APPROVE AGENDA
E. AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION (3 minutes per person)
F. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
06/24/20-1. Regular Meeting – June 10, 2020
G. PUBLIC HEARING
06/24/20-2. Proposed Use Permit for Establishing a Mixed-Use Development, Consisting of a Hotel Facilities (Limited) Use on the First Floor While Maintaining the Second Floor as a Residential Use in an Existing Two-Story, Two-Unit Residential Building in the Downtown Commercial (CD) Zone, Located at 325 12th Place; and Make an Environmental Determination in Accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (Correa)
RECOMMENDATION: CONDUCT THE PUBLIC HEARING AND ADOPT THE RESOLUTION, APPROVING THE USE PERMIT SUBJECT TO CONDITIONS
H. GENERAL BUSINESS
06/24/20-3. Housing Laws Training facilitated by the City Attorney’s Office
I. DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
1. Update on previous Commission projects
J. PLANNING COMMISSION ITEMS
K. TENTATIVE AGENDA July 8, 2020
· Follow-up Study Session on Housing and Accessory Dwelling Unit Regulations
L. ADJOURNMENT TO July 8, 2020
July 8, 2020 July 22, 2020 August 12, 2020 August 26, 2020 September 9, 2020 September 23, 2020
If you are unable to attend the meeting via Zoom and wish to comment on agenda items or other subject matter within the jurisdiction of the Planning Commission, please do the following: Submit comments via email to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, or call (310) 802-5520 and leave a message, before 2:00 p.m. the day of the meeting.
Zoom Meeting Instructions: There are multiple ways to join the meeting. Please Note - the Planning Commissioners and Staff will be visible via video, but members of the public will not be shown on video, due to security and privacy concerns.
1. To watch the meeting only: Meetings are broadcast live through Manhattan Beach Local Community Cable, Channel 8 (Spectrum), Channel 35 (Frontier), and live streaming via the City's website at https://www.citymb.info/departments/boards-and-commissions/planning-commission.
2. If you plan to speak during the meeting, join via Zoom at 2:45 p.m. in order to request to be on the speakers list.
a. Join Zoom Meeting via the internet (download app if needed):
Direct URL: https://comb.zoom.us/j/95789681538 , Meeting ID: 957 8968 1538
Please name yourself to include the item(s) you wish to speak on, whether you are the applicant, and your First & Last name. Examples: G.2 – John Smith.
b. Join Zoom Meeting via Phone Application (download app if needed):
Download Mobile Apps: https://zoom.us/download, Enter Meeting ID: 957 8968 1538
Please name yourself to include the item(s) you wish to speak on, whether you are the applicant, and your First & Last name. Examples: E – John Smith or G.2 – Applicant – Amy Wong.
c. Join Zoom Meeting via Phone Conference (Voice Only): Phone Numbers: +1 669-900-6833 or
+1 346-248-7799. Find your local number: https://comb.zoom.us/u/aByWMRmYK.
Upon calling in, you will be “muted” until you are prompted by the Host to state which item you wish to comment on. Your mic will be unmuted when it’s your turn to provide Public Comment.
Please Note - All microphones for non-Commissioners or Staff will be muted during the meeting, except during Public Comment periods for which you have requested to speak.
The City strongly advises you of the following:
1) Download the Zoom app to your respective device well ahead of the meeting time. Visit https://zoom.us/ for the download link. Please make sure you have downloaded the most recent version available.
2) Familiarize yourself with the Zoom application prior to the meeting.
3) Check the condition of all personal electronic equipment, internet and phone connections, and microphone/speaker functionality. The City is unable to support this equipment.
4) Join the meeting prior to the start time. Due to security or technical limitations, admittance to the meeting may not be possible after the meeting begins.
5) Every effort will be made to “rename” participants on Zoom as quickly as possible, so that phone numbers are hidden, however, phone numbers may be partially visible for a brief time.
Meetings are broadcast live through Manhattan Beach Local Community Cable, Channel 8 (Spectrum), Channel 35 (Frontier), and live streaming via the City's website. Prior meetings are available to view on demand on the City’s Website at https://www.citymb.info/departments/boards-and-commissions/planning-commission. To view other on demand webcasts the City provides for residents and viewers, go to www.citymb.info/MBTV.