CITY OF WEST HOLLYWOOD
PUBLIC FACILITIES COMMISSION
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8, 2022
6:30 P.M. – REGULAR MEETING
THE PUBLIC FACILITIES COMMISSION ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE LAND ON WHICH WE GATHER AND THAT IS CURRENTLY KNOWN AS THE CITY OF WEST HOLLYWOOD IS THE OCCUPIED, UNCEDED, SEIZED TERRITORY OF THE GABRIELEÑO TONGVA AND GABRIELEÑO KIZH PEOPLES.
*IN AN EFFORT TO PROTECT PUBLIC HEALTH AND PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 (NOVEL CORONAVIRUS), AB 361 HAS AUTHORIZED PUBLIC MEETINGS TO TAKE PLACE VIA TELECONFERENCE WHEN STATE AND LOCAL OFFICIALS ARE RECOMMENDING MEASURES TO PROMOTE SOCIAL DISTANCING.
Members of the public who wish to comment on matters before the Public Facilities Commission are strongly encouraged to submit an email to email@example.com no later than 4:00 p.m. on the meeting day. Comments received by 4:00 p.m. will be forwarded to the Commission and posted on the City’s website.
· Public comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
Note: Your comments and information will become part of the official public record. If you do not want your personal information included in the official record, please do not include your address and/or phone number.
To Participate by Listening to the Meeting Audio and Providing Public Comment by Telephone:
1. You may dial into the teleconference meeting ten (10) minutes prior to the start of the meeting (the meeting begins at 6:30 p.m.). You will be placed on HOLD in the Virtual Meeting Room until the meeting commences. When you enter the meeting, please mute your telephone.
2. You will be able to listen to the meeting and staff will call on you when it is your turn to speak.
· Dial-in phone number: (669) 900 6833
· Meeting ID: 841 5275 2458; then press #
To Participate By Viewing the Meeting Via Zoom and Providing Public Comment:
1. You may participate and view the meeting via the Zoom teleconference platform. When you enter the meeting, please turn off your video and mute your audio.
2. Use the “Raise Hand” feature in the Zoom platform to make a public comment. Staff will call on you when it is your turn to speak. You are invited to turn on your video and audio for the duration of public comment.
Link to Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84152752458
1. CALL TO ORDER – 6:30 P.M.
A. LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
B. ROLL CALL
C. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
A. MEETING OF JUNE 8, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS
This public comment period is to address the Public Facilities Commission on Consent Calendar items, other Agenda items (including if the member of the public cannot be present at the time the item is considered), or items of general interest within the jurisdiction of the Public Facilities Commission. Another period is reserved for public comment later in the meeting for those who could not be heard at this time. Public hearing testimony will only be taken at the time of the hearing.
5. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
6. CONSENT CALENDAR – None
7. PUBLIC HEARINGS – None
SUBJECT: The Commission will review current website content for the Facilities and Field Services Division and the Recreation Services Division and provide input on items within its purview.
RECOMMENDATION: Provide input.
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
SUBJECT: The Commission will consider the final layout for security upgrades to the lobby, reception, hallways, and exterior patio areas at the Plummer Park Community Center.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve staff’s recommendation to proceed with the security upgrades as outlined at the Plummer Park Community Center.
10. EXCLUDED CONSENT CALENDAR – None
11. PUBLIC COMMENTS
This time is set aside for the public to address the Commission on any item of interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission that could not be heard under the Public Comments item at the beginning of the meeting.
12. ITEMS FROM STAFF
13. ITEMS FROM COMMISSIONERS & SUBCOMMITTEE REPORTS
The Public Facilities Commission meeting is adjourned to its next regular meeting* which will be on Wednesday, July 13, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. at Plummer Park Community Center, Rooms 5 and 6, 7377 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90046.